If You Love Mushrooms And Whiskey,
You will love this barbecue sauce. Not your typical tomato or vinegar based sauce, but something a little different. Featuring Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, mushrooms and a touch of Tabasco for that little zing, this barbecue sauce is perfect for grilled chicken breasts, leg quarters or even the boneless skinless variety. Quick to make and mmmm tasty!
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Rub saucepan with garlic and discard.
- Slowly melt 2 tablespoons butter, stir in flour. Slowly add broth, stirring constantly and add parsley, cook until thickened, set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender.
- Add Jack Daniels whiskey, Tabasco sauce and thickened broth. Simmer several minutes over low heat.
- Serve over grilled or broiled chicken.
Makes about 3 cups
Jack Daniel’s Oak Aging Barrels Wood Smoking Chips